Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Body Image

There is an evolution that occurs in almost all facets of life. Values, goals, friendships, relationships, family dynamic, careers….and the list goes on..

Ok I lost my train of though. Back to more meaningless blogs….

It’s 3 and a half weeks away from our biggest loser weigh in and basically everyone but Joyce didn’t seriously start working out and watching what they eat until this past Monday. I think so far I’ve been doing well but certainly haven’t attacked this like the St. Thomas trip. Last night’s attempt to be healthy failed of course since it was Cinco de Mayo. I met up with friends for Noel’s bday and had sweet drinks and quesadillas. At least I didn’t have any chips! Thanks to Melis for remembering to slap my hand whenever I’d reach for one.
I at least got a good 3-mile run before going out so I hope that helped a little.

I’m still struggling to get up in the morning to work out. That was key during my last workout phase. Today I was soooooo close! I really did almost get up to work out as soon as my alarm went off. But my eyes felt so weighed down. Ugh. Tomorrow….. tomorrow is another day and I’ll try really hard to get up to run or do a boot camp workout with Bob.

This morning, I got a slight burst of motivation as I was trying to figure out what to wear to work. Back when I first started my internship at MDA, I bought my very first suit set from Ann Taylor. It was a really nice black pencil skirt suit that I still have today. Unfortunately, it’s a size 0 and I can’t fit into it anymore. Just for fun, I decided to try on the skirt today and lo and behold, it zipped all the way up! Still slightly tight especially since I still hadn’t eaten anything this morning yet so I decided to hang it back up and wear something else. But at least, I found my “goal” piece of clothing for this darn competition.

2 comments:

  1. oooh give me suit!!! I promised myself that I would try to look less like a slob going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. should i give you back the matching jacket?

    ReplyDelete