Monday, May 4, 2009

Golf

On a random Friday when Joe and I were both off from work we kicked off my golf season on a relatively easy 9 hole course in Annandale. As all my games go, the first drive was perfect followed by a second iron shot onto the green. YAYs! And as all my games go, the rest of the day went like this…. Two shots off the tee box because I either hit it in the woods or hit the ground shaking the ball off the tee followed by three iron shots forming a zig-zag to either side of the fairway and closing with 3 puts. It was really bad….

But apparently still good enough to justify a gift from Joe! After we played, we decided to stop by Washington Golf just to “look” which ended with a purchase of my new Nike Slingshot HL hybrid set. YAYs! I almost got Callaways but I ended up hitting much better with the Nike ones…plus the sales lady was giving us 30% off for it. I’ve played one round since resulting in me losing one of the covers for the hybrids (I got “the look” from Joe upon hearing the news) and a score of 107 instead of my usual 115-125….which is actually still pretty darn bad. haha It’s okay…it’s only spring so I have plenty of time to improve….

If only I get a chance to. This weather sucks. I was suppose to play a round yesterday but it ended up raining all day. My back-up was to use the simulator in my bldg but some doodoo reserved it for three hours……

So instead, I worked out like a maniac. Watch out family! I’m feeling lighter already!

Wow, what a useless entry.

1 comment:

  1. Carlo ran both Saturday and Sunday. Pop and Bernard are still eating away though. Ate Riza is looking really good by the way! Me, on the other hand ate 2 slices of cake, flan, and lots of kropek. I am gaining all the weight that the rest of your are losing.

    ReplyDelete