Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Daily Commute

It's 7:30 am and I've been hitting snooze button since 6am. I always set it at 6 because of one of these days, I'll miraculously get up and go to the gym for a quick run and a full breakfast before getting ready for work. But that never happens.

It's 7:30 am and I'm suppose to be ready for the 7:45 shuttle to the Pentagon City stop. Sometimes I make it, somestimes (like today) I don't. On the days that I do make it, I usually realize by the time I get to work that I've somehow forgotten my laptop at home...which means I have to go back to get it. Doh! And mind you, getting to work doesn't just mean taking a shuttle. Once the shuttle drops me off Pentagon city i still have to go one stop over to Crystal City followed by a half-mile walk to work. I know, it's only half a mile. But that's half a mile in high heels. And No, I won't be that lady in a pencil skirt and sneakers. And to add to my blisters, I'm usually sweating profusely by the time I get to work so I have go to the bathroom to take my top off and flap it around so it dries a little. Ok, that was probably a little tmi....

However, going to work isn't always as bad as I made it seem. Sometimes when there's really bad traffic on 395, I'm happy because I get an extra 15 min nap in the shuttle. Sometimes, Joe is nice enough to drive me to work. Sometimes when I'm feeling energetic, I power walk to work and count how many suckers I've overtaken on my half-mile stretch. lol. It's my little morning amusement.

A cup of green tea with honey...
Fruits and a hard boiled egg...

and that's how I start my day.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing sometimes when I walk to the bus in my neighborhood. I try to see if I can overtake my neighbors walking to the shuttle stop. I probably look like a psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AK. You're cute =) I drive to work. Then I drive 1 block to Chipotle as well. =)

    ReplyDelete